Monday, September 24, 2007

SBS - it can read ur mind

Our very own public bus service, namely SBS, has always been one of my favourite topic, not for its efficiency, but rather its lack of it.

You see, ever since i had to readily depend on SBS for my trips to and from uni, waiting time and travelling time were ripped from my life by slow drivers, poor coordinators and profits-driven company owners. I list them in the order of my memory below.

1) bus service 156 which i take to clementi has always been poor in its route itself. Always single deck, it will be crowded by the time it reaches my stop making it un-boardable. And the people crowded it will alight 2 stops later, so the bus will be empty. I guess the un-eveness of the distribution of the passengers make a super-bus not feasible, but then why can't they change the fucking route?

2) I noticed that AIR-CON buses almost always feel bloody cold during cold weather and warm during hot weather. If the air-con serve to remind me of the weather outside, pls stop calling ur buses AIR-CON bus.

3) Try taking feeder bus from my house in the morning. I think i complained about this before since i do not think i should be waiting more than 15min for one. Damn, the whole bus route is not even more than 10 stops!!!

4) SBS has the most amazing ability to know when you want ur bus to come most, and not giving you it. One very good example, sunday late morning 11+am, i am very hungry and waiting for bus 162 to come and bring me home for brunch. And guess wat, i waited almost 20min for one.

5) Having SBS to operate the bus and NEL at the same time jus defeat the whole meaning of competition. I simply cannot comprehend what exactly is our dearest Transport ministar is up to that time. Well, singaporeans are the wonderfully simple people to not complain and jus suck whatever trash throw to them. Another thing is the physically and mentally impossible barriers to operate another bus service to compete against SBS. Well, i guess its all linked.

Damn.

No comments: